FRASER FIR Abies Fraseri 25 SEEDS
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $4.90
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- FRASER FIR Abies Fraseri 25 SEEDS
- Fraser fir is a fragrant evergreen tree native to the Appalachian Mountains of the southeastern United States, from Virginia down to Georgia. Native populations grow at both high and low elevations along the mountainside. They exist in nearly pure stands at high elevations but are mixed with other conifers and hard woods at mid to lower elevations. Young trees are dense and pyramidal, which is why they are favored as Christmas trees.
- In fact, Frasier is only rivaled in popularity by balsam fir. Mature trees reach great heights and develop open, more horizontal branches. Short, flattened, deep green needles offer year-round interest and are flexible and soft when grasped.
- Small male, or pollen, cones appear in spring alongside large female cones, which are purplish when immature, age to brown and quickly shatter when fully dry. Trees small and large have nearly smooth bark dotted only with resinous bumps
Genus - Abies Species - Fraseri Common name - Fraser Fir Pre-Treatment - Required Hardiness zones - 4 - 7 Height - 30-70' / 9 - 20 m Spread - 20-25' / 6 - 7 m Plant type - Tree Vegetation type - Evergreen Exposure - Full Sun, Partial Sun, Partial Shade Growth rate - Slow Soil PH - Acidic, Neutral Soil type - Loam, Sand Water requirements - Drought Tolerant, Average Water Landscape uses - Feature Plant, Screening / Wind Break Germination rate - 60% Leaf / Flower color - Green, Dark Green / -- Plant growth rate - Slow
- ASIN: B01LJVNIR0
- Item model number:
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews