35 Seeds Mosquito Repelling Lemon Grass Plant
- List Price:
- Sale Price: $0.91
- Amount Saved: $2.53
- Availability: Usually ships in 1-2 business days
- (SEEDS ONLY) Lemon Grass Mosquito Repelling Plant.
- Cymbopogon, better known as lemongrass is a genus of Asian, African, Australian, and tropical island plants in the grass family. Some species, are commonly cultivated as culinary and medicinal herbs because of their scent, resembling that of lemons.
- Common names include lemon grass, lemongrass, barbed wire grass, silky heads, citronella grass, cha de Dartigalongue, fever grass, tanglad, hierba Luisa, or gavati chaha, amongst many others.
About The Lemongrass Plant Lemongrass is a perennial plant with blue green leaves that have a lemony scent and taste. The plant grows year round in warm and humid climates. The plant needs full sun for at least 6 to 8 hours every day. The plant grows to about 2-3 feet in height generally and does not produce seeds but is propagated by dividing portions of the existing roots and transplanting them. It needs plenty of water. In the wild, lemongrass is usually found growing on its own. Frost kills it. However in cooler weather you can bring the container inside and put them outside when the weather goes warmer. In the meantime keep it near a window for it to get as much sunlight as possible. The entire stalks are harvested and the cut is made below the white swollen base. The stalks can be dried and stored in an airtight container to last up to a year. Lemongrass can be harvested when the plant is a foot high. The leafy portion of the stalk can be used to prepare tea while the bottom portion can be used for flavoring food.
- ASIN: B01DSCGIAM
- Item model number: TRTD6023
- Average Customer Review: Customer Reviews